Trade. Security. Environment. Health. Population. From Columbus to Beijing to Kandahar, these issues have no borders. Global matters impact us locally. Local matters impact the world. The Columbus Council on World Affairs delivers outstanding programs on the world's most pressing issues, helping you thrive in our global environment.
The Council is a non-partisan, non-profit organization founded in 1975 by twelve forward-thinking individuals representing a cross-section of our community: business, academic and civic.
To perform all of our functions and activities in adherence with our core values:
- Respect for our Diverse WorldAnchored in our mission to increase global competency and understanding, we embrace the world’s rich abundance of people, cultures, languages, perspectives, & experiences.
- Collaboration OrientationTogether is always better than alone. Farther, together.
- Growth & AspirationWe believe in the promise and potential of our students to change the world.
- Consistent ExcellenceWe demand excellence in all that we do.
- Passion for Purpose and PositivityPassion for our mission drives what we do, who we hire, and why we work.
The Council is funded entirely through contributions from individuals and corporations and does not receive any public funding.