Date Posted: February 14, 2020
Start Date: Immediately `
Compensation: Based on experience
Work Hours: flexible, generally 8:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Apply By: February 24, 2020
Reports To: President & CEO
FSLA: Full-time, Exempt
The Columbus Council on World Affairs is a non-partisan, educational non-profit organization with a 45-year history of delivering high-quality education on cross-cultural understanding and current global affairs.
The Business Operations Manager leads general business operations and office management for a small, fast-paced office. The role requires consistency in delivering prompt, organized, dependable support with thoughtful prioritization, impeccable attention to detail, confidentiality, and unparalleled professionalism.
1) Business Operations and Office Management (60%)
- Under the guidance of the CEO, ensure the proper functioning and effectiveness of the contracted vendor support relationships including: accounting/bookkeeping, auditor, banking, human resources/benefits, IT support, building/office space, copier, telecommunications
- Manage organization’s finances by collaborating with external bookkeeper, driving the yearly audit process, document/file management, creating and tracking invoices, managing cash and check deposits, ensuring timely and accurate payment of bills, reporting monthly financial updates to team and Finance Committee, creating the general budget, following up on outstanding invoices, disseminating monthly credit card reports and managing expense reports/mileage/receipts from team
- Proactively recommend business improvements for current and future needs
- Design and maintain effective organizational systems, document/file management, and information/workflow processes throughout the office
- Ensure understanding and engagement among the entire team on office-wide services such as benefits, bookkeeping, IT systems, telecommunications, etc. Coordinate/lead training and education on these as needed
- Manage requests from staff members, including invoices and QuickBooks reports, supplies and equipment; Serve as the primary problem-solver for staff members when issues arise with numbers, contracted office services, supplies, and office equipment or contracted financial services
- Coordinate team engagement in general shared responsibilities including office cleanliness, workplace/interior design, answering phones/door, copier usage, welcoming/hosting external guests, etc.
2) CEO & Board Support (20%)
- Manage an active calendar including scheduling external & internal meetings, calendaring planning/administrative time, and constantly adjusting to changes
- Provide planning support for meetings, appointments, and other calendared items
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings (4x per year) and Executive Committee meetings (8x per year) including all logistics, document preparation, and meeting participation.
- Maintain ongoing Board documents including calendar, roster, directory, engagement reports, orientation materials, etc.
- Assist CEO in staff meeting support (creating agendas and meeting materials, taking notes, etc).
- Execute other on-demand assignments including: reviewing contracts, summarizing reports, analyzing data, and advising CEO
3) Special Projects (20%)
- Manage other projects & duties as needed and assigned by the CEO
- Manage CCWA interns by executing the selection process, determining workload and team needs, and managing for ensure efficient use of time and workload
- As needed, attend CCWA public events to ensure programs run smoothly
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to CCWA’s mission and values
- Thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced, results-oriented, mission-driven environment
- Organized: detail-oriented, efficient, swift, consistent, and accurate
- Accountable: accepts responsibility, sets limits, delivers results
- Trustworthy: able to hold confidential information
- Prioritization: effectively manages robust workloads, meets deadlines, and successfully prioritizes tasks
- Team-oriented: Track record of working collaboratively with diverse individuals in a team environment
- Communicator: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in technology, quick learner, experience with QuickBooks and Office365 preferred
- Experience working with executives, customer service, VIPs is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to smile, laugh, and take time to refresh and recharge
- Other important competencies for success in the role:
- Adaptability –adapts to changes in the work environment, manages and prioritizes various projects and tasks simultaneously
- Dependability –consistently to work on time, follows instructions, ensures completion of projects and tasks, and responds to management direction
- Positive –eagerly accepts tasks with a “can-do” attitude and a constant desire to learn new things.
- Follow-Up –proactively follows-up on all deliverables and requests in a timely manner. Effectively manages details and is highly responsive
- Communication –edits work for spelling and grammar, presents data effectively and can interpret written information
- Discretion –possesses good judgment and can maintain confidentiality
- Cultural Acumen –values multi-cultural experiences, appreciates cultural differences, and demonstrates inclusion
Please email by Monday, February 24, 2020: a) resume, b) cover letter, and c) salary history to: [email protected]. Please type “Business Operations Manager” in the email subject line.